Written by eleven biblical scholars, this study explores the theology of the suffering servant in Isaiah 53 and answers a number of important questions:
- What is a Christian interpretation of Isaiah 53?
- What is a Jewish interpretation of Isaiah 53?
- How did the New Testament writers understand Isaiah 53?
- How should forgiveness and salvation be understood in Isaiah 53?
- How can Isaiah 53 be used in Jewish evangelism?
- How do we preach Isaiah 53?
Darrell. L Bock (PhD, Unversity of Aberdeen) is a research professor of New Testement studies at Dallas Theological Seminary. He is the author of numerous works in New Testament studies.
Mitch Glaser (PhD, Fuller Theological Seminary) is president of Chosen People Ministries. He is coeditor of 'To the Jew First:The Case for Evangelism in Scripture and History'.